Saturday, February 28, 2009

Photographing the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy








I thought I'd share the process I used for one of my Make a Picture photos. I had to dirty up my Millennium Falcon to make it more believable. It looked too clean and flat like the x-wing photo I've included. I spent quite a bit of time painting it today. I brushed on a thick mix of pathalo blue, burnt umber with a touch of black and let it almost dry. I wiped the surfaces clean leaving paint in the panel lines and details. Finally I added some further details such as grease and rust stains. I also created a dark hanger by painting the inside of a huge cardboard box with black tempura paint. I cut holes in the top and lowered in several LED flashlights to take the shot. Burnt LOTS of incense to create some atmosphere and haze for the lights to reflect off of. Photographed it in my garage after sunset this evening.

Greg


No comments:

Post a Comment