Wednesday, February 11, 2009

From Graphic Design last Semester

This is a digital photo of my ART 388 Graphic Design Studio III assignment last semester. I wrapped a Cessna airplane with colored vinyl and cut letters. No Photoshop involved here. I basically covered the existing stripes completely with a similar color of sign vinyl and then laid the cut vinyl letters over it.
"keep the greasy side down" was the last thing my first flight instructor told me before I soloed for the first time in October 1996. Fun project.

Greg

2 comments:

  1. I love this photo...I think that it does keep the main rule of flying. I showed this photo to my father-in-law who use to own and fly his own plains before he got sick. He cracked up so much that I thought he was going to have a heart attack then and there. I then spent the next two hours with him as he went over some of his old flying stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather. That means a lot. Old flying stories are the greatest.

    ReplyDelete