Monday, February 16, 2009





Making Fashion Pictures in the 80's

When I first started photography I got to work for a local modeling agency, we had a ball playing with makeup, outfits and locations. I usually did stuff for the models portfolios. We would come up with all kinds of "fashion" things to do (like who really kneels on rocks in the middle of the pond in their swimsuit?) Hope I don't offend anyone that has done that before... Anyway, I am looking forward to trying my hand at making other types of pictures this next few weeks. p.s. For the KONY ad I got paid $75, I had to sew their patch onto my jacket and I did her makeup, hair and made the print to go to press. That is small town. But it was fun.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. It doesn't get much better than fashion in the 80's, what a great period to do fashion photography. I love bleached denim and feathered hair. super sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to call that "stone washed" denim. I knew a guy who had pleated, stone washed jeans. He would prefer to remain anonymous.

    ReplyDelete