Sunday, March 1, 2009

More Star Wars photo work







I set up my one 12" Stormtrooper figure in the same box I used for the Falcon hanger. I created a line of about 5 LED lights set in holes in the top of the box to simulate a corridor. The camera was set on a tripod and manually focused on the Stormtrooper which I placed about four feet from the camera. I took an exposure. 

Without changing the manual focus or lighting I moved the Stormtrooper away from the camera deeper into the box and took another exposure. I did this again several times. Finally, I brought the Stormtrooper closer to the camera then the first exposure for several more exposures. 

Once in Photoshop I open each file, and copy-paste it into one document so there is no chance at accidentally scaling it. Copy-paste also stacks the images perfectly over each other. I use layer masks to hide the background in each shot except the one on the bottom layer which also happens to have the stormtrooper at the farthest distance from the camera. 

1 comment:

  1. All of the Star Wars shots that you have done are great. Can't wait to see what else you will be bringing to class. Nice work.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete